REPLICATION OF INNOVATIVE MOBILITY CONCEPTS ACROSS EUROPE
The RECIPROCITY project will help cities to become climate-reliant, connected multimodal nodes for smart and clean mobility. To achieve this, it will initiate and support replication projects in at least 20 cities and municipalities that vary in size, location, degree of urbanisation and mobility demand. These territories will be equipped with the necessary tools, knowledge and contacts to accelerate the process of replicating existing innovative mobility solutions.
The project, coordinated by R-Tech (Germany), involves 10 partners including clusters and research institutions from across Europe, under the purview of INEA, the EU’s Innovation and Networks Executive Agency.
RECIPROCITY will employ a four-staged replication framework, helping cities and municipalities to: IDENTIFY the right innovative mobility solutions together with all relevant mobility stakeholders and citizens; LEARN about requirements, processes and skills needed to put these innovative mobility solutions into action; ACCELERATE the implementation of these solutions through guidance and matchmaking for business and finance; SHARE and build upon lessons learned and best practices to enable fast replication on a wide scale.
Through the involvement of clusters and city networks, a wider set of cities and municipalities will also be engaged during the project to increase impact across Europe.
The RECIPROCITY consortium consists of 10 partners from all over Europe:
- R-Tech, E-Mobility Cluster Regensburg (Germany);
- European Regions Research and Innovation Network (Belgium)
- Greenovate! Europe (Belgium)
- NextMove (France)
- ZONE Klaszter (Hungary)
- Istanbul Okan University (Turkey)
- Business Upper Austria - OO Wirtschaftsagentur GmbH (Austria)
- Regionalni rozvojova agentura Plzenskeho kraje, o.p.s. (Czech Republic)
- Instituto Aragonés de Fomento (Spain)
- Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council (Uudenmaan liitto - Nylands Förbund) (Finland)
Interested stakeholders can follow the project’s progress via LinkedIn and Twitter .